Painted Sky has a full-time nurse and health assistant available to provide general first aid, administer medications, and conduct routine health screenings.
In order to notify parents in the event of student illness or medical emergency, we ask that parents keep emergency contact information up-to-date. Please notify the front office if you change home, work, or cell phone numbers. Please also list several adult contacts that can be reached in the event of an emergency.
- Please keep your child at home if he/she has a fever over 99 degrees or is vomiting
- Students must present a pass from their teacher to be seen in the health office
- Parents will be notified immediately if a child needs to be sent home due to illness or injury
- Students who are ill will not be permitted to walk home
- Please notify the health office of any medications, allergies, medical conditions or other health concerns that may impact your child during the school day
- All medications, including over the counter medications, must be turned in to the health office.
- A physician must submit in writing her exact recommendations for administering medications including the name of the drug, dosage, schedule of administration, and possible side effects for each medication to be administered at school.
- No school employee may administer medication unless licensed/trained to do so.
- Students may carry an asthma inhaler during the school day, however, an authorization form must be on file in the health office.
- All medications left at school after the last school day will be destroyed.