Our students need you!
Painted Sky has many ways for our community to be involved! We want to partner with parents and community members to support our students because we know this will make them more successful!
Painted Sky POPS (Parents of Painted Sky) is a parent involvement initiative that is working to bring parents onto our campus to serve as positive role models and partners in education! Painted Sky POPS goal is to increase the adult presence on our campus to make it a safe and nurturing environment. Parents are needed before and after school, on the playground, and in the classroom to assist teachers. POPS also works to provide resources for our families.
Painted Sky POPS will be hosting several parent events to inform and unite parents. If you would like more information about how you can become involved, please contact Principal Lily Montoya (Montoya_lm@aps.edu).
Parent Involvement Is Essential
As a Title I school, we receive funds for family engagement. Parents must be involved in how these funds are used to support the academic achievement of their students.
Parent Involvement funds can be used for:
- Workshops & classes for parents/guardians related to improving your student's academic performance
- Communication with parents
- Supplies and equipment for a parent center
- Childcare for meetings
- Materials and books for curriculum nights (Reading, Math, Science)
- Snacks for parent meetings
- Background checks for volunteers
Ways To Get Involved
- Become a Volunteer
- Join POPS
- After becoming a volunteer and getting a background check, you can work with:
- Classroom teachers
- Office staff
- School nurse
- School beautification projects
- School Leadership Teams
- Be a Greeter
- Work with local businesses to request contributions of talent and/or materials
- Organize parent activities
- Give school tours to new parents
- Participate with staff and administration in creating the Title I Program Plan and updating the School Family Engagement Policy and Compact
- Work with the school Family Engagement committees